9 Essential Airport Limousine Tips
- Always Provide Cell Number – When booking an airport limousine, always give your cell phone number. With this number, a service can make contact if the driver misses you in the terminal.
- Meet Chauffeur In Baggage Claim – Chauffeurs meet clients in baggage claim, not at the gate. Due to post 9/11 security upgrades, airport limousine drivers are no longer allowed past the security checkpoints. In most terminals, your driver will be waiting at the bottom of the escalators in the baggage claim area.
- Turn On Your Phone – Always turn on your phone when you land. If the limo is running late, the service will be able to call you and arrange a curbside pickup.
- Curbside Pick-ups Available – Just like any other airport ground transportation service, airport limos can pick up passengers at the curb. Most clients prefer to be met inside the terminal, but if you’re in a hurry, a curbside pickup can be arranged.
- Carry Confirmation Number – Always carry your confirmation number and limousine contact information. If the airport limousine service doesn’t show up, you’ll need this information to correct the problem.
- Schedule Early Pick-up – If you’re planning a morning departure on a regional carrier such as United or Southwest, schedule an early pickup with your airport limousine. These airlines are exceptionally busy from 5am on, so be sure to give yourself plenty of time.
- Leave Early For International Departures – Friday evening international departures are similar to regional carriers in the morning. If you’re taking an international flight on a Friday night, get to the airport early.
- Check Your Flight – When departing, always check on your flight with flightview.com. If your flight is delayed, contact your limousine service and arrange a later pick-up.
- Get A Meet & Greet – Many airport limousine services offer a meet and greet service. This is a very cool service that can expedite your trip through the airport. When arriving, a greeter will meet you at the gate and accompany you to the baggage claim area. When your bags are retrieved, the greeter will call up the limousine and you will be picked up at the curb. When departing, the greeter will meet your limousine at the curb with boarding passes and baggage tags in hand. The greeter will then take you to the front of the security line and accompany you to the gate.
Find Out More
Airport Limo Service Basics
Most Popular Airport Limousines
Where’s My Damn Driver!
Limousine Service Guide Home